People working for the LST project in La Palma MUST read the following safety instructions before travelling to La Palma:
- Basic Safety Document.
- Appendix 1: Safety tour check list.
- Appendix 2: Safety Brochure for Visitors and External Companies (in Spanish).
- Appendix 3: Incident register form.
- Appendix 6: COVID-19 Action Plan.
There is a Safety Contact Person (SCP) at each member institution of the LST. You must interact with the SCP to get access to the LST site, find a list of SCPs in the Basic Safety Document.
Appendix 4 and 5 to the general safety documents are tests for shifters that do not need to be published on this website.
Special Working Procedures (for Maintainers and Experts incl. Commissioning Leaders)
- Work at the drive container.
- Work at the IT container.
- Work at the energy container.
- Work with the central calibration lasers.
- Work at height at the telescope mechanical structure and camera access tower.
- Work with the Cherry Picker.
Commissioning Manuals and Documents (for Commissioning Leader and Shifters)
- Go to the Operations Website for manuals and other important resources for shifters.
Technical Manuals (for Maintainers and Experts)
- Camera Back Scaffold Manual.
- Camera Front Door Opening and Closing.
- Camera Cover Manipulation Manual.
- CBox External Window Cleaning Procedure.
- Cherry Picker Manual (English).
- Cherry Picker Manual (Spanish).
Risk Assessments (for Safety Contact Persons)
- Risk assessment of LST site by Quiron (in Spanish, Jan 2021).
- Risk assessment of Mirca hall by Quiron (in Spanish, Jan 2021).
- Risk assessment for COVID-19 prevention by Quiron (in Spanish, April 2020).
- Risk assessment for COVID-19 prevention: Actualization New Normality (in Spanish, June 2020).
- Risk prevention plan of LST site by Quiron (in Spanish, Sep 2019).
- Risk prevention plan of Mirca hall by Quiron (in Spanish, Sep 2019).
- Risk assessment of ALS and Camera Back Scaffold by Quiron (in Spanish, Dec 2019).
- Risk assessment of Ladder on Camera Tower to remove Camera Cover (in Spanish, Jul 2020).
- Risk assessment tables by Quiron (in English, Nov 2018).
- Risk assessment of the IT container.
- Risk assessment of the energy container.